Friday, December 21, 2007

North African reunion

At the beginning of December, two of my teaching friends from North Africa came to visit me in Rome. It was so wonderful to see Tasha and Lauren again! We had a great time reminiscing and catching up. Karen, the picture below is for you!!! I didn't believe it was fair to show them Berry without showing them your Alma Mater as well.
We also wanted to show all of our friends from our North African stint what the Good Ol' South is like. So, for starters, one of the games in the lobby of a favorite restaurant, Las Palmas. Big Buck Hunter. Lauren and Tasha decided to give it a shot.


Here they are, posing with the big guns. We Southern Girls know all about hunting.

One of the famous landmarks in Rome. It used to be the city's water reserve. This is a well-preserved site straight from the 1800s. What history.

No trip to The South would be complete without a visit to Wal-Mart: that iconic megastructure in every city.

Tacky Santa, anyone? They're not only found in North Africa!

But tacky wreaths are only found here...

What Southerner would be right without a John Deere cookie tin?
And, of course, the reminder of your limit while hunting and fishing...

Finally, a video, which is comprised of a classic Country song, an exciting trip to Wal-Mart where we spot our favorite game, shopping for avocados and forgetting how to convert money, and classy Southern poinsettias.


3 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y’all had way too much fun. Good times. Merry Christmas!

Mandy said...

Hey! I have that wreath!

Jeanine said...

I totally can't believe I missed this blog! That's what I get for being too busy and self absorbed. I love the video and played it for the kids - they loved remembering all the good times with you ladies!