Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Tale of Two Brothers

This is a tale of two brothers. Two brothers who captured my heart. D. is on the left, and B. is on the right. D. is in 7th grade, and B., who I mentor, is in 6th grade. These are the pictures we took for them to give to their parents as Christmas presents.

This is why I love my job. I get to work with kids like this all day. I may not get to be around the same number of kids as when I had a classroom, but with my position, I am able to develop deeper relationships with the students on my caseload.


B. workin' it for the camera. He definitely doesn't lack confidence.

D. is a great big brother. He's pretty responsible. When B. has a project due, I tell D. so he won't let B. "forget" about it.


I love the pictures above and below. They capture their fun-loving, boyish spirit.




A few days later...

The boys get to wrap the presents for their parents. I catch D. off-guard. Then, B. just has to take a picture of me.

At which point he felt the urge to copy me...


1 worthy responses:

Bella Sera said...

I miss my old job...