Melissa wanted me to add this one that I forgot to add from yesterday. Oops. Glad you like it, though, Melissa.Adam gets boyfriend of the year award for all the Valentine's Day surprises! Really, he did a great job. Plus, I absolutely love surprises. He cooked breakfast for me while I was getting ready, and then we loaded up in his parents' car and headed out towards Seattle. His parents were great and let us have their car for the day which meant they had to stay around the house all day -- so gracious. The first stop: The Space Needle! Yay!
He took me up the Space Needle. I was so excited because I could add it to my list. I've now been up the Statue of Liberty, Washington Monument and the ATL Westin. He actually took the picture below. Although a sweet lady took a different one for us, his actually turned out better.
After the Space Needle he drove me to the Waterfront and we drove the car right on the ferry! We headed out across the Puget Sound to Bainbridge Island. Seattle shrank in the distance. We got out of the car and walked to the top.
Here we are at the front of the ferry with Bainbridge Island in the distance. This is probably one of my fave pics. Once again, Adam's mad photo skillz paid off.
We walked down by the harbor after parking and shopping at the cute shops. Adam really liked this boat...
...and took time to admire it...
...before I made him stand next to the boat he could actually afford. He does look rather captain-esque, doesn't he?
I couldn't resist the digital macro barnacle shot.
Adam decided to test the water temp. He said, "Yep. Freezing."
However, the water was so clear we could see a big starfish deep down.
After the harbor we warmed up with coffee at a local coffee shop (OK, fine. I had apple cider.) Then he took me to a restaurant/pub and we had a delicious dinner before bundling up in blankets and watching the twinkling lights of the Seattle skyline as we rode the ferry back across after dark. It was perfect!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Seattle, Day 2, Valentine's Day
Posted by SP at 9:06 PM


3 worthy responses:
nice valentine's day :) so fun and romantic too! props to Adam! you have many things to add to your list this year. Good thing - you need 30! whew!
Nice, I'm impressed! :) Glad you had fun!
how fun! good job adam!
Post a Comment