Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Overheard...


Bo: I went to a deaf school's basketball game once. I thought that it would be the most peaceful basketball game I would ever attend.

Dad: Nuh-uh, man. Deaf ballgames are louder than any others.

Joe: The problem with deaf people is that they can't hear. They...

(Unruly laughter from around the table.)

Joe: I'm serious!! (Joe shouting above the laughter.) They don't realize how loud they are!!

3 worthy responses:

lucinda said...

I was not there, but I can visualize this one without even closing my eyes. TOO FUNNY!!

Anonymous said...

I HEARD ABOUT IT I WAS LAUGHING... SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING BO WOULD SAY

LOVE KELLY

Jeanine said...

I used to hang out in the deaf community in Seattle - and it is TOTALLY true! They can be really loud (especially at awkward times) and many times I would have to remind my friends that they were being too loud and drawing attention to us... it is a strange dichotomy. (but they are great people and fun to be with, no matter how loud!...come to think of it, perhaps my own hearing loss is a good excuse for my loud mouth...)