Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Former students

I've had the opportunity to see a few former students since I've been home. Tara, on the left, was in my English class last year.






Below are two pictures of my first year students. Ashleigh and Chris...
Jennifer, Austin, Chris, me and Beau. These were my first year students. It's good to know that I didn't scar them for life during my first year teaching. They are all in college and doing well. It was so funny and weird to sit at a table with them and talk about "grown-up" things. Namely, politics. Six years ago I never thought I'd be doing that. I am so proud of them, and extremely happy that I'm able to keep up with them. I know I've said it before, but I love teaching!

3 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

You were truly born to teach! what a kind and caring teacher you are to keep in touch with your old students. Love the pictures!

Bella Sera said...

Gee I wonder where you had dinner???? shocker! Too bad I wasn't there to say hi to Austin hehehe :) Can you eat there but just not have spicy stuff? Glad you're getting to see your students and hang around for a little longer...I know I'm being selfish, I can admit it :)

Bella Sera said...

OK I'm looking at the picture of Tara and yesterday I thought...don't remember her (I know you're shocked). Today I look at the picture and think, that can't be TARA..she's looks so different to me. Gosh was a day will do to your perspective.