Saturday, June 30, 2007

Accepting the Torch

This year my mom passed the torch to me. For as long as I can remember she has made homemade chocolate chip cookies with all the kids on vacation. This year, it was my turn. I've tried this before, without much success. Now that the kids are older and reaching pre-middle school and pre-high school age, I find it much easier. I asked the guys if they wanted to just buy dough at the store or make it. Davis exclaimed, as if there were any other choice, "MAKE THEM!" So I, along with the guys and two girls who showed up later, set out making them at about 11:45 PM one night. It was a smashing success this year!

Below is a little montage I put together of everyone helping...Caden, Sam, Davis, Carter, Jayce, Michaela and Wendy. You can even catch a glimpse of Stephen, who stopped by on his way to moving to West Palm Beach, in the background.


4 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

meeeemmmmmoooooorrrrrrriiiiiieeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss sniff sniff i miss nsb...................

Anonymous said...

If only your blog were on smell-o-vision...

Anonymous said...

awww, man, can y'all like adopt me? i'd be like the weird, quirky sister that no one can quite figure out. plus i'd add a little dysfunction to the mix! hehe. it'd be great! haha! your family is so awesome. i love all your family posts, shan. :)

Bella Sera said...

I'l all about some cookie dough :) Nice of SP to "stop" by just in time for cookies :)