Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wii love this game

It was Allie's birthday last Saturday, and she and Chris came to visit for the weekend. He had surprised her with a Nintendo Wii. They brought it with them so we could all play. I must admit, I've never been what you would call a "gaming" person before. But after playing tennis on the Wii, I just might have to save up for one myself...You can see that Allie likes her present. Dad pointed out that this was the first time she has NOT gotten clothes or a gift card for her birthday. It was all themed around the Wii -- extra controllers and chargers and games.
Sunday night we had a "Welcome-back-Stephen-Happy-birthday-Allie" party. Allie's showing some of her friends how to use the controllers for Mario Party.
Stephen's shirt is appropriate since he and Dusty traveled all the way from Los Angeles to GA in four days.
Chris points to where you can buy your tickets for the gun show. Such a funny, funny guy.

And the video footage. You must know: we created the redneck home theater by draping a king size sheet over the entrance to our sunroom and projecting the Wii on the sheet. The first video clip is Allie and Chris playing tennis. The second is Mom and Allie dueling with their cooking skills as they try to make scrambled eggs in Cooking Mama Cookoff. The final clip is Chris and Chris boxing.


13 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Adorable! Precious! That looks like fun. Shannon, we saw Dad and Mom at the wedding Saturday and they told us about the Wii--is that how you say it???? I love seeing all of you having a great time together. BETTER, BETTER, BETTER!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I must have the Wii. I must have that tennis game! oh, imagine all the glorious competitions i could have with Wii in my very own home!
Love the video,Shannon. Happy birthday to your lil' sis. :)

Anonymous said...

How did the video of you not make it in?

-allie

SP said...

Katie, if you got the Wii, you'd never blog again. You'd be so addicted!!!

Because, Allie, I look like a beached whale trying to play tennis.

Anonymous said...

Your family is so much fun!! I bet you all are funny to watch. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at your house sometimes : ) Glad all got to spend time together. Stephen still looks like sweet Stephen. Love ya

Mandy said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I want. Allie must come back and bring the Wii!!!!

Bella Sera said...

Looks like great fun as usual at the house. Katie I can imagine you with the tennis....oh that would be fun!

Anonymous said...

mandy- i so wanna take you on with the Wii. tennis, baby. you and me. shan's right though. but forget nevr blogging again, i'd never leave the frickin' house again if i had Wii!!

Anonymous said...

A cooking video game. Now I've seen it all.

Anonymous said...

Shall we have a wii party?

-allie

Stephanie said...

This may be the solution to mine and Colin's problem of not being able to figure out how to play tennis with a baby :)

SP said...

Wii party! Yes!!!!!

Mandy said...

Oh, yeah, a Wii party!!! I have to take Katie on :) She might have mad skillz in ping pong, but surely she can't also be a professional Wii tennis player, right???