So, this post is WAY late. But, it's better than nothing. Mandy turned the big three-oh, and we celebrated with a cookout. (About a month ago, but that's beside the point.) Anyway, we had a 1977 theme, and you can see that Tanya came all prepared.
I made a pink and orange polka-dot cake for the party, and it was pretty good if I do say so myself.
Then the fun started. Amy J and I caught the Luzianne tea tags on fire as they draped over the gas stove. Thank goodness the house didn't catch on fire. You'd think I would have learned a lesson...but noooooooooo. Last week I cooked a Moroccan feast for some friends when one said, "Do you smell that? Something smells like it's on fire!" Yep. I'd done it again. Good thing my new house doesn't have a gas stove.
And finally, the evidence that I throw a great party. Nothing like hosting a party where people fall asleep...
Not really. The truth is that the women were in the kitchen cleaning up!
On a side note, I'm on vacation with my family. Don't know how much you'll hear from me over the next two weeks. Ciao!
Friday, June 22, 2007
I throw a great party...
Posted by SP at 7:02 PM


3 worthy responses:
that is such a great picture of mandy! she is so darn pretty.
love all your party pics! great theme idea.
katie, you are too nice.
shannon, it was a GREAT party!!!
So the neighbors are still talking about the party huh? Happy Birthday Mandy it will be the best year of your LIFE!!
Post a Comment