Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The night that the lights went out in Georgia

Last week the power went out in good ol' G-A. My roommate Brittany and I were the only ones home. The darkness outside combined with the flickering candles must have made Brittany and I a little crazy, because next thing you know I've picked up the camera and we've filmed an improv segment. By then, the smell of the stanky (sic*) candles was getting to us. Sure enough, it came up on the film. Unfortunately, when Emily came home and saw our, what we thought was, hilarious video, she was none too pleased. The second video clip shows her response. Brittany and I were horrified. We decided to gloss it over by saying that it wasn't really as bad as it was. This is the third clip. The final clip is when the truth comes out.

*sic means misspelled on purpose

**I had to edit out the final clip due to the fact that I said something directed toward Emily that was not appropriate for a family-rated blog site.


6 worthy responses:

Stephanie said...

oh, the roomie videos... those were the days. Would you think Colin and I were strange if we started making home videos like our old college videos? :) (ok - i just read over the comment - don't get your mind in the gutter..) I guess I can't relive the college days. ENJOY, Shannon, ENJOY.. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute video! However, I am Shannon's Grandma and I would like to discuss this "Grandma Candle" problem with you three girls. Just remember---you three will ALL be Grandmas someday. Just don't put lotion on your hands......
Also, someone gave me an expensive lotion from Bath and Body Works. The name was Vanilla something? That lotion stinks! It smells like an old fashion dime store. I know how they smell--I worked at Kresses once. Phew!!! TQM

Bella Sera said...

Too funny! I'm sure you're all glad you have a sense of smell.

Jeanine said...

Loved the video! Just had one comment... Perhaps the bad smell was that of singed nose hairs (or possibly bangs) since you guys kept inhaling!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew all along that it wasn’t Grandma’s candle, since we already knew what happened to her.

SP said...

drh...too funny! good times, good times