I had to pull over on the side of the road this morning, and this is the sign that was staring me in the face. I didn't even realize until later that it had a spelling error. I was too appalled at the message it sent.
Ironic that twenty feet from it stood another sign that said this below. Too bad they couldn't understand that sign. I'm convinced that if they did, they never would have assembled the one above.
Last Sunday was the going away/fundraiser luncheon for Mandy. Though I have a lovely picture of Emily (see below), I don't have any great ones of Mandy on that special day. Notice I said "great" ones. The picture of Mandy and her mom where Mandy is holding a red Solo cup with her eyes half closed hardly says "Help pay for my mission work in Mexico." So, I opted to leave that one off.
Two weeks ago I took Shari (a former student, daughter of one of my closest friends, and a girl I discipled) with me to Athens. We went to see the campus and let her meet some people I was in a ministry with in college. We spent the night with Allie that night and had fun playing Wii and Friends SceneIt.
The next weekend (last weekend) was Shari's birthday, and she and Brooke, my Shadow, came over to visit. I can't believe she is 18. Seems like just yesterday they were 13-year-old giggly girls in my fifth period reading class.
I've been working on some construction projects in my office at school. I figured my bookshelf and desk wouldn't get put together unless I did it. So, I did. The bookshelf wasn't as daunting.
I finished it easily. However, the desk was more challenging Notice how the desk came to me (in the large box below). Though it said "easy assembly," it failed to mention on the front that there was a dictionary of parts included in the box. All the different parts were listed from A to HHH. Um, that's like almost three alphabets of parts. Needless to say, it took me more than one day. But, when I was finished I was so proud.
Here I am in the process of working on it. I had to screw stuff in and hammer and fit it together.
Finally, it was finished. Yeah. I'm proud. I did it all by myself. And to think that I even have things resting on top and it hasn't fallen to the ground yet.
Last Sunday was the going away/fundraiser luncheon for Mandy. Though I have a lovely picture of Emily (see below), I don't have any great ones of Mandy on that special day. Notice I said "great" ones. The picture of Mandy and her mom where Mandy is holding a red Solo cup with her eyes half closed hardly says "Help pay for my mission work in Mexico." So, I opted to leave that one off.
Two weeks ago I took Shari (a former student, daughter of one of my closest friends, and a girl I discipled) with me to Athens. We went to see the campus and let her meet some people I was in a ministry with in college. We spent the night with Allie that night and had fun playing Wii and Friends SceneIt.
I've been working on some construction projects in my office at school. I figured my bookshelf and desk wouldn't get put together unless I did it. So, I did. The bookshelf wasn't as daunting.

8 worthy responses:
Good work on the construction. What was up with that sign? Can you provide a little more context?
drh...It was just a sign in a church parking lot. And then the God is Love sign was right below the name of the church.
Shannon, are you a graduation coach? What's your job this year?
Or is that your office at home?
Lauren, graduation coach! I LOVE it and absolutely adore my kiddos.
what a cool job, shan! i know yuo'll be great at it! I wanna see the pic of mandy! :)
Here's your Kleenex, go to class. I noticed that you actually have Kleenex and you're welcome to borrow my saying lol
Great pic of Emily...
Wow SL looks AWESOME!!!!!!! my how time flies.
Sadly, that's not the first appalling sign that church has had. They seem to have a really (insert sarcasim here) "great" Christian additude and it shows on their signs. I mean, I just want to go there every Sunday now. Don't you??
Lucinda, will you email me your cell phone #? And yes, I'm thinking I might change my membership.
Post a Comment