Saturday, March 08, 2008

Birthday Dinner

Last Saturday my family, minus Chree who had to work, ate at Imperial Fes, one of the top Moroccan restaurants in the country. It was a birthday celebration, which is why we decided we could splurge on the five-course dinner and entertainment experience. We had harrira (my favorite soup in the world), traditional salads, bastilla (a cinnamon, powdered sugar, nut, cornish hen pastry), cous cous, vegetables, fish, cornish hen, and dessert. We also watched the belly dancers and fire dancers, which I thought was more for show since I never saw those in-country. Never the less, it was a fun and memorable three-hour dinner.

2 worthy responses:

Lauren said...

san'aa helwaa indeed, my habibti! Sounds so yummy!

I called you yesterday...do you have your msg in a foreign language? I checked the # and then checked again, and it seems right...let me know, and I'll try again!

Bella Sera said...

Lauren, she's trying to get back to her Italian roots..although with this post she might be a little mixed up.
Shan...had a teacher friend who recently ate there and said it was wonderful...not so sure about the dancers though :) Glad you had a great time!!