Friday, July 04, 2008

Christmas in July

Char Char has been reading a series of books by Anne Perry, a British author. They are ALL about Christmas. I didn't find that odd at all, even if it was the middle of the summer.
However, I began to get a little skeptical when Jimmo came down to the beach with his walkman (yes, they still exist) and proudly announced that he was listening to Willie Nelson's Christmas tape (yes, they also still exist). And in case we were doubters, he pulled out the tape and showed us the title. He then proceeded to sing to us "O Come, All Ye Faithful"...

...and "O Holy Night"...
...and some other song about wrapping presents. Char Char finally told him she'd had enough.

He took her advice, though maybe a little hurt, and went to sleep.
Oh yeah, and I held a jellyfish for the first time.

5 worthy responses:

SP said...

Just wanted to say that as an English teacher, it KILLED me to add the jellyfish picture, even if I was only doing it for humor, because I KNOW how off-topic it was.

Bella Sera said...

Too funny!

Jennifer Jolly said...

John Mark and he would get along. John Mark has been singing Third Day's "Born in Bethlehem" all week.

Mandy said...

Jellyfish are fascinating little creatures, huh?

SP said...

Yeah! I mean, where's their brain? Heart?