Monday, July 28, 2008

Here's Your Sign

Mandy lives on Back Country Road. No, no. That's not a joke. That's for real. So, literally, you drive down a twisting, two-mile, dirt and gravel road in the middle of nowhere (which means no cell reception). And it is absolutely breath-taking. It isn't the smoothest of rides, but no worries. The Green Machine and Uncle Luigi handle just fine. Maybe a little too fine.

Mandy told me a little story. One day she was flying down the dirt road (going 30+ mph) to get to work on time. A little old lady was by the side of the road picking flowers and glowered at her. Upon returning from work, there were handmade speed limit signs made from plywood, stick-on mailbox letters, and tree branches stuck in the ground. Again, no joke.

Mandy tells me she is pretty sure that she is the cause of the signs.

Yesterday, we decided to take Emma to Brevard College so she could run. We figured the softball field would be a great place for her to play. Unfortunately, in her romping around, she found a way out near the centerfield fencing. Mandy had to become a marathon runner to capture Emma, chasing her through a church parking lot, over a highway, and into a neighborhood. Again, no joke. On the way back to the car to find Mandy and Emma and pick them up, I saw a sign I never noticed on the way to the fields.


I'm pretty sure that Mandy is the cause for this sign as well.

4 worthy responses:

Mandy said...

Haha! I love it! Well, at least I know I have made my mark on Brevard, right?

SP said...

Miss you already!

The Jones Family said...

Are you serious about the old lady making that sign???!!?? That is HILAROUS!

Mandy said...

Oh, yes, true story Lindsay! I am not sure it was just for me, because everyone goes more than 15, but she really made the signs!