Friday, November 07, 2008

Uh oh...

For reasons that shall remain unspoken at the moment, the country bug has bitten me hard. Last time I was bitten by it was in high school. I told Allie the other day that I didn't know what had come over me; I couldn't quit listening to country music. She told me there was nothing wrong with country music except for maybe the lame lyrics. I digress. This song is my absolute fave at the moment. Partly because of the lyrics (lame or no), and partly because of the really cool instrument played in it. (I bet someone the other day that it was a banjo that I loved. They were right; I was wrong. It is NOT the banjo, but the mandolin with the really high, fun part.) So, watch. Make fun of me. Enjoy. Whatever floats your boat.



5 worthy responses:

Jeanine said...

You should try listening to Nickle Creek. They are more bluegrass than country... but they have wicked cool instruments and really know how to play them. The style of the mandolin playing in this song reminds me of there music.

Anonymous said...

I too will intermittently go through country phases. And no shame in being a Josh Turner fan. He has the sexiest bass voice out there! My new favorite instrument...the dobro (the slide guitar-looking thing in the video). It has a beautiful sound that almost sounds like a human voice, but it's from an instrument. Come to Nashville and we'll go find some great country music!!! Erin

Mandy said...

Oh, I am definitely in a country phase. Check out the Zac Brown Band...LOVE...and Joey & Rory (they were on Can You Duet this summer and have a song out called Cheater, Cheater. It isn't sweet like this one...but it is fun!)

Anonymous said...

No country phase for me, but I am excited about your unspoken reasons!!!

Anonymous said...

I guess I like my guys singing raspy and falsetto... nothing like some good OLD country music though!