Sunday, November 30, 2008

You say tomato...

Conversation in the car tonight:

(Christmas music playing in the background...)

Me, singing: In the meadow we can build a snowman. And pretend that he is Parson Brown...

Me, interrupting my own singing: Parson, what a funny name.

Adam: Parson? Who's Parson?

Me: Parson Brown.

Adam: I always thought it was Carson Brown.

Me, laughing: No! Parson! It's like another name for a preacher. That's why, "He'll say are you married we'll say no, man. But you can do the job when you're in town."

Adam, incredulous: Really?

Me: Really.

Adam: Seriously?

Me: Seriously! Though I like the name Carson.

Adam: Yeah, I do too. Humph. I always thought it was a snowman they named Carson Brown. And Carson Brown was going to do the job in town. I don't like Parson as much. I'm just going to keep singing Carson.

Me: You do that.

8 worthy responses:

SP said...

Geez! What do I have to do to get a comment around here?! You people are watching, I see that counter rising. Quit lurking and comment for Pete's sake.

Anonymous said...

Here's another question about the amazingly written "Winter Wonderland," (covered by every band/singer who's ever put out a christmas album)... do they "perspire" or "conspire" by the fire? I, like Adam, will continue to sing "perspire" even if proven wrong.

SP said...

Allie, I left that part out, but yes, I will continue, until eternity ends, to sing perspire by the fire. Great minds think alike.

Mandy said...

Perspire by the fire? No, no. It's conspire! And, nice way to unveil there Shan ;)

SP said...

Thanks, Mandy! ;)

Anonymous said...

I think I've had the perspire conspire conversations with someone before too. Why not perspire by the fire? Fire's are hot?

....and I agree with Mandy.

Amy J.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see what has you smiling these days!! You two look cute! Would love to hear more about him. I miss you girl!

Lauren said...

Tee, hee! :)

Yay!! Great picture! :)

Happy Thanksgiving (plus a few).