A friend of mine teaches eighth grade. She said she overheard the most interesting comment during homeroom.
One of my favorites, Howard, apparently blurted out (totally unsolicited) in homeroom, "If I was forced to marry any teacher in this school, it'd be Miss Pollitz."
I cracked up laughing. It's always lovely for the girl to know there must be force involved.
Later, Howard came to my office. I told him, rather sarcastically, that I was offended he'd have to be forced to marry me. The two other students in the office wanted to know what in the world I was talking about. I looked at Howard and asked him to explain.
"I just think she's the marrying type. Plus, she's cool; she eats peanut butter out of a jar with a spoon."
There you have it. The final word from an eighth grader on what makes the perfect marriage partner.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
A Forceful Marriage
Posted by SP at 9:32 PM


2 worthy responses:
Well there you have it! I wonder where peanut butter fingers fall on his list?
Ahhh...classic Friends reference. I would imagine, for Howard, pretty high.
Post a Comment