Our attendance clerk at school organized a Santa Shop for our underprivileged students at school. She contacted people around the community who donated items for the shop. Students were given an invitation and allowed to come at a certain time. They were given bags and could shop for their loved ones. Most were amazed and couldn't believe they could do this for free. They chose their gifts carefully, and at the end visited the wrapping station and wrapped all of their presents. I couldn't stay in there; it was too emotional for me. In a good way. These kids were so proud they could actually give presents to the special people in their life. Sometimes I take so much for granted. Below are a few pictures of the Santa Shop. As you can see, the community did an amazing job bringing in gifts!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
The Santa Shop
Posted by SP at 8:15 PM


1 worthy responses:
You made me "ink". I love you, Shan.
Mom
Post a Comment