
*Note: Last chance to vote is midnight tonight, 7/5/07!
So I come from a weird family who names their cars. Or, at least my sister and I do. Her 4Runner's name is Jake. (Don't judge. Mandy named her iPod Julio.) Since I am going to be getting a new car in August I figured I better start looking for names. So, I'm having a Name My Car survey. Below are my favorite names. Of course, you may also write in votes under the comment section. Since I will be getting a Sorento, and a Sorento is named after the Italian city Sorrento on the Amalfi coast, I figured it was only appropriate that I name my car an Italian name. So go ahead. Vote away.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Name My Car
Posted by SP at 12:14 AM


19 worthy responses:
Ah, Sorrento, Italy!! My favorite place in the WHOLE WORLD!!! It was sooo beautiful. I still remember the entire town coming out to walk in the evening. The younger generation started the evening walk with giggles and running after each other followed ten minutes later by the older generation walking and laughing. They did about three laps of the the town..returning to the town piazza after each loop to go again. And the cool thing was that they NEVER caught up with the other group! Of course, I observed all of this by SITTING on a bench in the piazza...haha
Wouldn't that be great if we could do that in Rome, GEORGIA??? Talk about walking off your dinner and having fellowship at the same time.
Mom
PS...VOTE FOR UNCLE LUIGI !!!!!
Hey! No campaigning is allowed!
Will the car salesperson be making you an offer you can't refuse? If so, that could color my vote.
Don't you want a GIRL name? A best car friend, a sistah to ride with? (maybe I feel this way because I am surrounded by boys.. who knows?) :) I would definitely go that route. Throw out some italian girl names :)
Is Gino in honor of the kiss you received in Italy, or the Big Chicken?
Since the theme is Sorrento, I think you should name it Geppetto for several reasons that our traveling crew may recall. Sorrento was where Pinocchio was created and I bought one for my Christmas tree while we were there. Did you know that the original Pinocchio (not the Disney version)was published in a weekly Italian newspaper for children?
You also may recall that Geppetto was the name I gave the world's best icecream...that you love...so I think it's a perfect fit. After typing all this, maybe I should name my car Geppetto instead of you. :)
I'll be in Italy in 2 days woooohoooooooo
I'm wit yo' mama. I voted Luigi. that or Shaquetta. i am torn between them both.
I voted Massimo. But I do like the sound of Geppetto Sorento. It kind of rolls off the tongue.
Hey,
Your dad's Uncle Luigi (may he rest in peace) would have NEVER allowed you to name your car anything BUT his name...he had a way of convincing you in his broken Italian...hahaha
Mom
Hey, this is Uncle Luigi speaking from the grave. You are blood and your are thinking to name it something other than Uncle Luigi?? I don't get it?? You inherit a taste from me for our favorite dessert - canoli and you want to offer up other names? You remember what happened to Luca?? If I was you I'd drop the survey and just go with Uncle Luigi! Make me proud! Hey what can I say? Pasta Fagioli, Topo Gigio, Duomo Tea!
My vote is for Massimo, for one main reason...remember in that J.Lo. movie that Dr. Karev from Grey's Anatomy was in (I know...I can't remember his real name...sorry!) Anyway, in the movie, his character was Massimo, right? LOVE HIM!!!
Allie loved him too! That was Karev? Oh my gosh! I knew I loved him for a reason!
I am so excited - I knew I would win! Aunt Teresa is so happy too! - Love, Uncle Luigi
I vote for the name to be Favorite cousin KELLY.. That is sooooo italian.. Well since I'm not Italian and I"m not on the ballot shame shame.. I Vote for Uncle Lugi
Don't count your cannolis before they are eaten, Uncle Luigi.
Could some of you lurkers out there please vote for Massimo? If you don't, I'm going to be stuck calling my car a name that reminds me of an old man who shuffles around and has long curly nose hairs descending out of his nostrils.
The ghost of Uncle Luigi past, present, and future warns you to BEWARE
Just remember your disclaimer. You get final say :)
Since I realized there was tampering with the voting (my father was on his cell phone calling to get votes within 100 feet of the voting device -- something the voting nazi would clearly NOT approve of), Massimo is the winner!
Yea for Massimo! Sorry Uncle Luigi...
-allie
Post a Comment