Saturday, July 21, 2007

Time in Knoxville


I just got back from Knoxville visiting Steph, Colin and Hudson. We had a great time! I will say that I completed my twenty-first new thing in my twenty-eighth year. See the pic below and you get one guess as to what it is...


Oh yes. Sushi.

I'd never had sushi before, and Steph and Colin love it. They recommended the Super Crunch. Salmon, cucumber, seaweed, rice and little beady things. I gagged and about urped it right back up. Let's just say I won't be having it anymore.

Hudson and I had a fun time playing.

It took him a little while, but he eventually warmed up to me. I didn't want to leave!

Steph and I took him to a park where he got to swing.

Don't you love this picture? If you get in close enough you can see the little piece of broccoli on his lip. Too cute.

And I saved the best for last. My first time playing karaoke revolution. Wow. This could be my singing audition for the Singing Bee. I'm SURE they'd take me. They could be guaranteed not to lose any money by my winnings and also a rating spike by the comedic performance. Unfortunately, I got dealt songs that I didn't even know. Those of you who know me can vouch that while I'm no Celine, I DO sing better than this. No, there was NO alcohol involved. I gave up and just started attempting to hum at the end and Steph takes over for me.

7 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

I must have this Kareoke game of which you speak of! dang, i bet that's fun. and your singing, shan, well, er, um, how do i put this delicatly? guuuurrl, you best be stickin' to teaching those kids!!! hahah! looks like you had fun though and that's all that matters. that and winning. but whatever. anyways, great pictures. hudson is adorable. glad you had fun!!

Bella Sera said...

You're a WINNER!!!!!

I can't believe you've not had Sushi before. I will confess that I think it's pretty good...but it's all about what you get so I usually go with someone who knows what's good. Glad you tried it...it's right up there with cow brain huh?

Anonymous said...

In the video...was it the sushi talking? ;)

Bella Sera said...

Love the new background...very you.

Lauren said...

tee hee! I love it!

Stephanie said...

The sushi was NOT bad. I don't eat everything, so I tried to get you something good :P Sorry. You know I tried to talk you into the mild California Rolls but you wouldn't have it. Thanks for not putting my Genie in a Bottle video up, I think that would have been too much to handle. I had so much fun... Hudson is missing you badly, and I am missing my best friend badly (although I am getting a little more sleep now!). COme back soon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I suppose it's safe now to tell you that the "beady things" on top of the sushi are fish eggs. Steph's right...it's safer to ease into sushi starting with the California rolls and then venture out from there. I discovered sushi here in Miami and really like it alot now...especially the wasabi paste that sets my nose on fire! Give it another try sometime! My best sushi experience...eating sushi at Nobu inside the ShoreClub Hotel on South Beach with Gloria Estefan at the next table!!!