Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Passover

Sunday at church we observed a Passover Seder (Say-der). I had participated in one before, years ago when our church was very new. I took some pictures with my small, cheap camera. I sure do miss my Canon Rebel! Ok, so it never really was mine. That was probably the only perk to being yearbook rep.



One of the parts to the Seder was dipping parsley in salt water. The salt water represented the bitter tears that the Israelites cried as they exited Egypt.
This picture was inspired by one my sis took on Easter. She's amazing. Check out her site!
"By His stripes, we are healed." The matzah represents the body of Christ which was broken on our behalf.This was one of my favorite parts. On the left, horseradish. On the right, sweet apples. I know I'm probably really messing all of this up, but the horseradish represents our life before Christ, and the sweetness represents how he takes our life and makes it sweet.

2 worthy responses:

Jennifer Jolly said...

I love the pics! You did awesome.

Anonymous said...

great photos! i love the one with the water droplets! :)