Friday, May 16, 2008

Mis-Perceived?

An eighth grade ESOL student's perspective of the first day of high school. Verbatim.

"First day of school for me might be ruff cause, like me im Mexican & some high schoolers might think im in a gang or something. Out as weeks, months, or even days pass & go by we get along, & refer to as one big family. Lunch well lets just say that, run! If you have some cousins, brothers, sister they most lickly save you a sit. If not then rember run. There might be some bulliying, but if they push you or slam you to the locker, DON’T SNITCH fight back if not you’ll stay wimpy for the rest of your life, & it will follow you through high school, & even college. But if I were you I’ll not back down, I’ll stand up for myself. The classes are really longer than I thought it would be. Is like 1 hr. 30 min. But some classes are enjoying like gym, art, etc. The good thing is that all freshmens or 9th graders are mostly going to be in the same hallway. Which is good cause you might remember some people from 8th grade. But the main idea of this paper is that is good that you are passing your grades & going through higher obstacles in your life."

Now that you're over the shock of all the grammar/sentence structure mistakes, read it again for content. This student's perception is precious and makes me laugh.

0 worthy responses: