Thursday, January 15, 2009

Adding to the List

I have tons of pictures from Wednesday, but I'm going to have to be picky. Wednesday was a great day. We met at the school where we had our conference today and went over logistics. Then we went on a prayer walk through the barrio which made me feel like I was in the pages of a National Geographic Magazine. The poverty was unspeakable. There is NO way I could describe it in words. I wish I had more pictures, but I had a hard time taking pictures of the poverty in front of the people who lived there. On the way to the beach we passed a different ashing volcano. This pic is now the background on my desktop.
"His name shall be Zatarra."

"Sounds fearsome."

"It means, 'driftwood.'"

Love The Count of Monte Cristo. This pic reminded me of that scene.

The waves against the rocks were gorgeous!

One of my fave kinds of pics to take



These were local kids who kept trying to sell their wares to us.

Another sunset. This one over the Pacific. I'm adding it to my list!

Please continue to pray! It is going so well, and we had over 450 at the conference today. All were given New Testaments. I presented strategies about helping at-risk students and discipline strategies for the classroom. One more full day here!! Love you all!

2 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

Sunset over the Pacific??? No fair... that's on my list. Looks beautiful.

Bella Sera said...

Great pics especially the one with my favorite principal! I was beginning to wonder if he had been left behind. Still praying! And I'm praying for the flight home, already.