
Interesting facts that I didn't know but just found out:
Did you know...
- Nicaragua's Lake Nicaragua is the largest freshwater lake in Central America?
- Lake Nicaragua is home to the only freshwater shark in the world -- the Nicaraguan shark?
- Nicaragua is the second poorest country in the western hemisphere?
- 28% of the population lives in poverty?
- a relatively high proportion of Nicaraguan homes have women at the head of the household?
- it is both the largest state in Central America and also the least densely populated?
- the largest denomination, and traditionally the religion of the majority, is Roman Catholic?
- baseball, not soccer, is the most popular sport in Nicaragua?
- boxing is the second most popular sport?
- that I'm leaving for Nicaragua in 48 hours?!
I'm leaving on Saturday for Managua, Nicaragua. Once there, we will travel by automobile to Leòn near the Pacific Ocean. I am traveling with a team from Ringgold, and we are going to do educational missions. If this is a different term to you, you're not the only one! It's new to me, too. Basically, we will be presenting at a Nicaraguan Teachers Conference. We are there to tour schools, conduct sessions on instructional best practices, and take school supplies while reflecting the love of Christ. All those going on the team with me are educators. We will be staying at missions compound called El Ayudante while we are there. Feel free to write me emails; I'll be able to get them!
I have a few specific prayer requests for all of my prayer warriors out there!
- Traveling safety: You all KNOW how I am about flying! We leave around 5:00 PM Saturday the 10th and return about 9 AM on Saturday the 17th.
- Educators we come in contact with: that their hearts would be open to seeing more than just the experience we bring, but the love of Christ as well.
- The conference: on Thursday and Friday of next week that our organization and planning goes well and that we are flexible to any changes that need to be made
- The team: that we would constantly be reminded that it is God through us, not us, that is making any impact
- Our health: that we would be sickness-free both there and when we return
- El Ayudante: that we would learn from the full-time missionaries who live and work at the compound where we are staying



Facts are from Wikipedia


5 worthy responses:
Praying now. Please remember to take your medicine and be careful. You will be missed.
WOW! You really get around don't you? (smile, wink, nudge) I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see pictures and stuff. I will be praying especially for your medical needs. Love you bunches! Be safe!
Can't wait to hear all about it! :) Be safe.
Love you! I will be praying for you- have fun!
How was the flight/drive? I'm sure you did great :) Tell Smithy Dr. Patterson asked about him please.
Post a Comment