Monday, January 12, 2009

Thoughts

Yikes. A gecko just ran across the wall near my bunk.

Yikes. A gecko just ran out from behind the white board when I wrote on it.

Yes. No squatty potties.

Oops. No toilet paper.

Uhh. An American guy who looks very much like a fugitive hiding out.

Wow. I don't have to hide my real reason for being here.

Nice. I don't need/want ice after all.

Wow. It's hot.

Hmm. Is it me, or is this mosquito repellent starting to smell rather nice?

Wow. I'm understanding more Spanish than I thought I would.

Oops. Venerdi is NOT the word for Friday. Well, it is, just not in Spanish. No wonder the man looked confused.

Yuck. Burning garbage smells the same no matter where in the world you are.

Wow. That guy on the corner with no teeth loves me. He even said so in English.

Ummm...are those volcanoes ashing?

5 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

Great post...you had me laughing!!

Love you bunches!
Momma Mia

Bella Sera said...

Miss Africa or feel like home? Praying for you all! Keep taking great pictures!

SP said...

Miss Africa!

Jeanine said...

I miss Africa too!

Loved reading your thoughts... does that mean I owe you a penny each? Put it on my account, I'll pay you in Feb. when you're up here!

Mandy said...

Love it! The geckos freak me out a bit, I have to say. I haven't had one in my house, yet. Thankfully. Love hearing about your adventures!