I absolutely love my job teaching middle schoolers. Crazy, I know. But I think that people teaching pre-school are even more messed up in the head. I digress.
I love eighth grade because:
1. They're independent, yet dependent. I know, I know. Oxymoron. In other words, they're old enough to be able to A) open a locker by themselves, B) walk to lunch by themselves, and C) go to the bathroom by themselves (thank goodness!). However, they are still dependent on adults for advice and attention and love. They aren't too far gone yet.
2. They're spontaneous. You never know what they will say or do.
3. They're ever-changing. No day is ever the same. If you had a bad day, no worries! More than likely, it'll be great tomorrow.
4. They're hilarious. I think that half of the success in being a teacher comes from having a great sense of humor.
But my favorite one of all...
5. They're considerate and caring.
Case in point: Today my homeroom surprised me with a going away party. This was the first surprise party I've ever had in which I was truly surprised. They did a great job. True, balloons during 7th and 8th period, last class of the day, last week of school probably wasn't the BEST idea in the world. But, oh well. What's done is done. Though I got frustrated at the time, I reminded myself that these are my last moments with them. I need to cherish them!
Some pictures from the CRAZY party!
I love eighth grade because:
1. They're independent, yet dependent. I know, I know. Oxymoron. In other words, they're old enough to be able to A) open a locker by themselves, B) walk to lunch by themselves, and C) go to the bathroom by themselves (thank goodness!). However, they are still dependent on adults for advice and attention and love. They aren't too far gone yet.
2. They're spontaneous. You never know what they will say or do.
3. They're ever-changing. No day is ever the same. If you had a bad day, no worries! More than likely, it'll be great tomorrow.
4. They're hilarious. I think that half of the success in being a teacher comes from having a great sense of humor.
But my favorite one of all...
5. They're considerate and caring.
Case in point: Today my homeroom surprised me with a going away party. This was the first surprise party I've ever had in which I was truly surprised. They did a great job. True, balloons during 7th and 8th period, last class of the day, last week of school probably wasn't the BEST idea in the world. But, oh well. What's done is done. Though I got frustrated at the time, I reminded myself that these are my last moments with them. I need to cherish them!
Some pictures from the CRAZY party!
Gotta love those balloons!
This is where I found Chris. On the library media cart, second shelf, in his "fort." Yes, eighth graders can still be small in stature. What could I do but laugh? It was either that or yell.
My homeroom: together, behaved, still, hands to themselves...is all right with the world?


13 worthy responses:
girl- i bet you are the best teacher....I agree about having a sense of humor...gotta have a sense of humor!!! Loved the pictures!!! A++++++ for this post!
AWWW! I love it! I love you! I hope one day to be HALF as good as you are. I want to love my kids next year as much as you loved yours this year! What a great teacher I got to watch and learn from all year long! You really do amaze me! It's so natural for you!
Thanks ladies!!
girl- i took a job teaching pre-school next year!! and your right! i am crazy as all get out!! hehehe!
Hey--it takes a special kind of person to do each of those jobs...and I don't think they're interchangeable!!!
Girl, I admire you! Honestly do! ;)
I admire the both of you. Preschoolers and middle-schoolers all day would make me crazy :)
hey my job will only be 4 hours a day....i'm not THAT crazy! :)
Look, I know you other people are reading this. You better LEAVE a message! Please? ;)
Thanks "anonymous" for your sweet comment. I had to delete it because I can't have the school's name on here anywhere. Thanks, though!
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
Post a Comment