Last night we had a square dance at the school. A teacher's father came in from England to call the square dance. (Yes, I know, seemed a little oxymoronic to me, too. However, he was good, if a little strict. I.e., "Who teaches geometry around here anyway? Don't you people know what a square is???!") Unfortunately, the lighting in our cafeteria/multi-purpose room isn't the best, so I didn't get a bunch of square dancing shots. Let's just say that of the dances I danced, it seemed that I chose all the ones that could have been labeled in the category of "aerobic square dancing." As usual, there was a lack of men, so the girls had to dance with each other. Lauren and Karen, thanks for dancing with me! I did manage to get some pictures of some students and me. This is Christina. I teach her in my weather and climate class as well as themes in media.
Friday, February 23, 2007
Hee Haw
Posted by SP at 12:45 PM


11 worthy responses:
I'm glad your students got to experience some "culture" in the form of square dancing. Brings back memories of middle school where we learned to dance in gym class. :) When I learned to Polka it was more like slam dancing with a partner. Good times
Since your students know how to square dance you should have your media class watch 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. Awe I miss those girls from your media class :( Moving on... You're almost glowing in the pictures you look so good! Must be because you're about to have some visitors.....nuff said.
Hi Emily! Why didn't you go to the dance? I must say the green robe is getting some blog time so it must still be cold there. How's the orange blanket holding up? How are your kids? Are you ready for Christmas in a few days via mom and aunt linda? You'll love them no doubt, but you haven't experienced life until you get the WHOLE family together and they tell stories..that includes Jay. You'll laugh for hours. P.S. where is YOUR blog???
Yee-Haw! grab your partner and Do-si-do! promenade! i love square dancing. it really is fun once you get going. great pictures of you, shannon! you look beautiful!and your students are just adorable.
But wouldn't you rather dance with girls anyway? They have much better rhythm!!!
I think I danced every single dance...except for the one when I couldn't find a partner!
Becky I think Drh is defending the male population. You may have offended him.
Yes, drh, you were cutting a rug!
Great pics, Shannon.
You can call on me to dance anytime. :-)
how fun!!! i remember middle school square dancing.
i LOVE your shirt...and you look great!
who is this drh dude... he better start being nice and stop with the comments on my cousins blog... i read some of those comments he made on my wonderful cousin Shannon's blog and i was not thrilled... his blog page is not all that great himself...... MY COUISN ROCKS NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY..... I think shan you have a stalker.... tell my mommmmy hey
Do I have to stay out of the chimney, too?
David, sounds more like she not only wants you OUT of the chimney, but she wants you IN the dog house.
Post a Comment