We had a great day today! I gave Mom and Aunt Linda a tour of the school and my classroom, then we rode to the Corniche (beach) with Jeanine, Emily and Jeanine's children. We took pictures at the beach (see below) and then flagged a petite taxi to take us for lunch at one of my favorite French cafes called Chez Paul. Below, my maid, Sedia, pours traditional tea for us. The higher you pour it, the frothier it gets, and the better the pour-er looks. My friends from Alpharetta, Edgar and Louise, have another term for it. Or at least Edgar does. I'll let you ask him about that.
Sedia also makes msimmon with sugar. It is stickier, but we don't care! Mom and Aunt Linda absolutely LOVE it!
The final dish, cous cous. Yummy! Carrots, peas (Steph's favorite), cucumber, zucchini, kidney beans, and chicken all piled on top of a load of cous cous. I told her that only four were eating. She must have thought I said FORTY.
At the end of the day, Simba snuggled next to me for a bedtime story. He really likes Karen Kingsbury.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Sightseeing
Posted by SP at 4:34 PM


4 worthy responses:
i bet y'all are having the BEST time! enjoy your time with you mom and aunt. thinking about you everyday!
Mrs. Connie looks good in M.! Tell her I said hi. I know you are loving having her there. I am so glad you are getting to share "your world" with her. Love you.
Miss you! Simba looks worn out!
Is Simba staying because he looks pretty comfortable there? Did you do the VOICES for Simba during the bedtime story? It's not a good story unless you do the voices ya know. :) Miss all of you!!
Post a Comment