Meet my seventh grade weather and climate class. The seventh graders are split between four teachers for science. We teach them on a rotating basis. This is my third week with this group, and I love them! We just finished our first chapter where we learned about air pressure, density, mass, the composition of air, the layers of the atmosphere, and air quality. Because we live in a major city, pollution is a problem. Today we took a field trip. We walked to my apartment (two minutes from the school) and climbed the stairs to the roof. It is the highest point on campus. We learned about photochemical smog and then observed it. I couldn't resist getting a picture of the darlings.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Weather and Climate (and pollution)
Posted by SP at 4:36 PM


12 worthy responses:
Ooh...split among four teachers. Among. The word between must only be used when referring to two parties.
Drh, contrary to popular belief, I am NOT perfect.
Maybe you should have stayed with that English class...
Also, when you teach on a rotating basis...I get this mental picture that you’re sitting in the middle of a rotating microwave platter and sort of talking to your four different classes as you spin around.
Okay, this comment now officially ranks high on the list of most bizarre comments I've ever made...
Perhaps merry-go-round would have been a better analogy? You’d better keep the English class.
Did you see what I've been cooking on my blog?
It’s been a strange evening.
Those pictures remind me of the good ole days at White Sands in PCB with the youth group...the nice picture and then the goofy picture.
you have the coolest job, shannon. i bet those kids love you!
Katie, Shan won't tell you HOW much they love her, so I will. THEY LOVE HER TONS!!!! I was telling Miriam how much they love her and neither of us were surprised b/c she has such a heart for kids and it shows. She didn't get teacher of the year for nothing back in the States.
Ya know you're an awesome teacher and your kids love you when they DON'T like you to miss class, for anything. Even picking up a friend from the airport. And it's not because of who the sub is, it's because they truely LOVE their teacher and they're excited about seeing her. Yes I saw all this first hand so I'm not making this up. So let me just brag on Shan, since I've seen her teach in mulitple settings (lol).
Would you rather have a teacher who is bitter and just gives out worksheets? Or a teacher who is passionate about what she teaches and desires to share that passion with her students? I mean anyone who can get kids that don't like books to read is a real hero.
Of course, look at who her parents are. I mean they taught her well about opening up their home and lives to students, hey they let me in :) They have a passion for kids and a desire to help them learn, despite their background. It's about looking through the eyes of Jesus and loving them for as long as you can. And knowing when to let go and trusting God to take care of the rest.
Wow, Pamela. Thanks!
Bloggers, I swear I didn't pay her.
you got teacher of the year, shan? wow! and you're young! i am impressed! that really is awesome. and so sweet what pamela said about you. i wish we had more awesome teachers like you in the world, shannon. kids today are so broken and they need teachers like you that love them so much.
I 2nd Katie.
I know......I am your mom and I am supposed to say this but.... you ARE an incredible teacher. The students that I run into in Rome are ALWAYS asking about you and telling me to tell you to come home!
I love you and I can tell you this in PERSON in TWO DAYS!!! Wahoooooooooooooo
"Oh my bags are packed, I'm ready to go! I'll soon be standing outside your door.........Leavin' on a jet plane, can't wait get till I get there....." The SNOOPS are almost on their way........
Holy COW! I can't believe you're almost here!
Post a Comment