Monday, June 30, 2008

Way Late Update

I have had several people remind me that I never posted an update on The Bachelorette from last week.

Initially, I didn't post because I felt like I had nothing new to say. However, upon reflection, I realized that I could relate a discussion (disguised argument?) that my friends and I had. Now, I do not want to step on any toes or hurt any feelings. However, I am truly curious as to people's opinions.

Spoiler alert!
Last week she sent home Graham. I had him picked to make it to the end. Yet, I don't fault her for sending him packing. Unfortunately, he couldn't get his act together enough to really pursue her. I've defended him before; I don't think it really matters that he hasn't had many serious relationships. To me, that just means he comes with less baggage. But he truly struggled with the fact that he couldn't have Deanna to just himself. He struggled that he had to "share" her; that other guys might kiss her and that she might be attracted to others besides him. He displayed this jealousy (isn't that what it is?) even on their first one-on-one date. Therefore, he acted aloof and distant sometimes. She wasn't impressed, and even communicated that to him (kudos to her), but to no avail.

Some of my friends were shocked she sent him home. Some felt sorry for him, and some claimed that he just couldn't have a public relationship. I wavered. I felt she had stronger feelings for him than for Jesse the Snowboarder, but understood that she wasn't as sure about his feelings towards her.

What do you think? If you watch it, do you think she made the right decision? If you don't watch it, do you think that a guy should understand what kind of show he accepted to be a part of, and therefore, either poop in the pot or go home? Or do you think she was wrong and she should have given him more time? Or could you care less? Ha!

So there you have it. A post. And while I am flattered that people (probably just Mama Mia and Zia Linda) want to read my posts, I cannot pretend that there aren't people out there with wit to outmatch my own. So, I'm providing a link for all your Bachelorette needs. www.ihategreenbeans.com

1 worthy responses:

Karen said...

I go back and forth about Graham going home. On an objective level, I do think he likes DeAnna and he seems like a really nice guy (www.grahambunn.com). On a personal level, I think she was right to send him home. If he liked her enough, he would have fought for her.