Monday, March 27, 2006

My Secret's Out

My secret's out. I'm a messy, messy person. I was hoping to hide this forever. Or, at least until I had company I knew would see my room. It must be that I exert all my energy on keeping my classroom clean; it's usually spotless with all the desks perfect in an OCD-ish fashion. (Maybe that's because over a hundred people enter my classroom every day?) However, my room at home looks like three tornadoes went through it. I wish I could say it just happened. That I came home and found it ransacked...that Jay, in angst over the fact that I spend so much time away from him, went a little off the deep end and tore everything to shreds while I was away.

But that's not what happened. It was me. All my fault. I did it. My room is a disaster, and I've been in denial. I thought that maybe if I didn't think about it, it would go away. But it hasn't. And unforunately, much to my dismay, TWO people have seen my room without me being there to fight them off.

Mandy has her motivation, and now I have mine.

If there was ever a time I could wish for Sleeping Beauty's fairies to help me, it would be now. But I'm afraid when they open my door, their reaction would be something similar to this:

God help them.

1 worthy responses:

Mandy said...

I've been selling tickets to the viewing of Shannon's room. The bug-guy didn't even bat an eye, though. And all Emily wanted to do was measure.