Sunday, March 19, 2006

Superbowl Picks

February 5, 2006

Since the Miami Dolphins didn't make it to the Superbowl (again), I'm forced to make another decision. Who to cheer for. Now, some of you might be thinking that I don't have to cheer for anybody. But what good is going to a Superbowl party if you don't have a team to root on?

After much deliberation, I've decided to make the object of my cheering the Seattle Seahawks. Here are a few reasons why:

1. David Greene. I'm a UGA alum. It only makes sense that I make my choice a team whose quarterback is the famous David Greene. (Even if he is third-string.) And he is sporting my favorite number -- 11. (Oh yeah, Mack Strong is also from Georgia, but who's he?)

2. Team colors. Let's face it. The Seahawks just have better colors. Variations of blue with a hint of lime green is so much more en vogue than gold and black. So what if it is a little girly? Maybe that's so they can woo more female audience members.

3. Emblem/Logo. The Seattle Seahawks have a great emblem. Can you guess it? A Seahawk! The Pittsburgh Steelers have an emblem. Can you guess it? Gee, I can't imagine why not. Maybe because it's a red, gold, and blue diamond. What does that have to do with a Steeler?

4. The mascot. The Seattle Seahawks have a cute (?) mascot named Blitz. Now, the Steelers mascot? Wait! They don't even have one! 'Nough said.

So, after hours of research, I've reached my conclusion. Who said girls couldn't pick teams? Go Seahawks!

0 worthy responses: