I collect nutcrackers. I have always been a ballet fan, and took ballet lessons for nine years. I was in love with Baryshnikov as the Nutcracker prince in Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite. My mom and dad, on a trip to Dallas 1984, bought me a nutcracker. I would dance around the living room pretending I was Clara. It became a tradition; I received one nutcracker every year for Christmas. As I grew older, my parents bought me nutcrackers that signified something about that year. My last year as drum major I received a maestro nutracker. My first presidential election I received an Uncle Sam nutcracker. The year I went to Italy I received an Italian nutracker. The year I played golf for the first time I got a golfing nutcracker. The year I graduated college I got a UGA nutcracker.
It was kind of hard to load them all up and bring them with me. So I just packed them up in my memories. I received a package at school this past week from my parents. Enclosed in small bubble-wrap was this little guy. He made me smile. He may not look it here, but he's really tiny.
Let me just put that into perspective for you...
Mom and Dad, I love him! I love you too! I miss you during this Christmas season!
Sunday, December 10, 2006
The Sugar Plum Fairy visits Africa
Posted by SP at 3:14 PM


9 worthy responses:
What great memories! I sure miss you being here and helping with the decorating and setting out all of those nutcrackers! You know, he looks so happy there! I love you and I am so glad that you like him! Love, Dad
Awwww...you made me "ink"...I know you know what I mean, Shan.
I love and miss you bunches!!!
Mom
You brought a tear to my eye.
He IS really tiny, thanks for putting him into perspective. Haha.
He might be small, but the thought and love was HUGE!!
Allie, didn't it make you laugh? Everytime I look at the second picture I laugh out loud. Literally!
Yeah, I laughed out loud at work...haha.
I'm glad you have your first M. Nutcracker. You will always remember this first Christmas in M. when you look at that little glad.
Love you
Way to go parents! How sweet... I love him!
Post a Comment