My school is enclosed by a reddish wall that spreads all the way around it. You can see it in the pictures below. The difference between what is inside the walls and outside the walls is tremendous. Not only the landscaping, but the animals. Below is a picture I took back in September. You can see the brown of the landscape. It really helps to bring out the black of the ginormous turkeys. They may not look big in this pic...but they are.
You may notice a change in the landscaping here. It is now the "rainy" season and everything has started to turn green. The shepherd lady was outside this morning with a herd of sheep including two twin lambs.
And to the left, a fettered cow munches on the greenery. I never cease to be amazed at what I see outside of these walls.
Saturday, December 09, 2006
The World Beyond
Posted by SP at 5:35 AM


5 worthy responses:
Shannon, I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I was watching Iron Chef America last night and Alton Brown was talking about an cooking oil that comes from your country. Apparently, a goat climbs a tree and eats the fruit and then SPITS the seeds out onto the ground because he can't digest that part, and then people harvest the seeds and make oil out of it. I can't remember what the oil is called, but it starts with an A. Anyway, this was all too funny to me and you've got to research it--you owe me one or two! ;)
Oh Becky, I don't have to research it! I know it all too well! It's the Argan tree. It is the BEST oil!!! In fact, my sister loves the story so much, that I found a picture for her. I'm going to take a picture of the picture so you can see it. And no, the goats were not placed there for the shot.
Hey, now I know where feta cheese comes from!!!
Oh, so I guess that comment did post after all...well, I'm looking forward to the picture!
I can't wait until you see goats in that tree! Have your camera ready!
Post a Comment