...where I tell you one of my favorite new recipes. I've made it three times in the past two weeks. For Christmas parties, of course! They're called Toffee Bars, and if you know anything about me, you know I LOVE toffee! Anyway, I'm including the recipe. (It's easy -- promise!) I thought it might be fun to exchange some of our favorite holiday recipes...or favorite recipes in general. Feel free to post them on your blog (pictures not required) or in the comment section below.
What you need: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup butter (divided), 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, 2 tbsp. corn syrup, 1 milk chocolate bar (100 grams) melted
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and granulated sugar. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until beginning to brown.
3. In a heavy saucepan, combine remaining 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring continuously, for 3 minutes more. Pour hot mixture over cooked base. Cool slightly, then refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Spread melted chocolate over caramel. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
Makes about 2 dozen.


6 worthy responses:
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed talking to you the other night! It was SO good to hear your voice and catch up. You really are SO special to me, and I'm so glad God crossed our paths when I was just 16. You continue to make a difference in everything you are doing! I love you! Hang in there....even though I'm taking over your life here (and now there with that roommate)....you gonna blog about it?
Emily...count on it! You are a blessing to me! Thanks for your words of encouragement!
those look and sound fabulicious!!!
here's my favorite holiday recipe. follow closely one and all.
1. drive yo'self to da Kroger
2. Go to frozen foods and pick up a roll of that dough that's pre-sliced.
3. take it home.
4. put on pan and in da oven
5. Presto chango, g-friend! Holiday cookies!! woohooooooooooo!
Haha! seriously, i can't bake worth a darn-ask my husband-i burnt the pillsbury cinnamon rolls this morning!
i'm giving your recipe to my mom though. she loves to bake and is so good at it!!
Erm...more that one step = not easy. Hahahahahahahahahahaahah!!!!!
"that" should be "than"...sorry.
When I get cookies they don't even make it to the oven...we eat the dough straight from the box! One time I actually DID bake some to suprise Chris and his reply was, "What'd you do that for??" Haha.
Post a Comment