Friday, January 19, 2007

Here's one you don't hear much...


So, Mick the Rolling Kidney Stone is at it again. I spent last night until 7:30 at the doctor's office. I needed a translator since he doesn't speak English. Good times. Turns out that I like him a lot so far. He's ordered some lab work done. He wants me to go tomorrow for the tests. The only problem is that it might be the Muslim New Year. That would mean the lab is closed.

No, I didn't make a mistake. I did say "might be."

When my friend called to see if they'd be open tomorrow, the receptionist's response was, "You'll have to check the moon."*

Now, that's something you don't hear everyday in the good ol' U.S.

*The Muslim calendar is lunar. Days/months/holidays aren't fixed until the new moon is spotted.

5 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

Tell "Mick" to get lost and go bother someone else!!! I will be thinking about you. Shan. I love you!

Mom

Anonymous said...

You need to send Mick packing.........the "SNOOPS" will be there soon and there's no room for him! Love you too!

Mandy said...

Sorry you are having to go through this! Where you able to get an appointment?

Bella Sera said...

Now do you wish you had packed your telescope so you could keep up with the cal? Just kidding lol working on my albulm today wooohooo miss ya

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Mick...but you have to admit, his name's kinda endearing.