Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sightseeing


Pamela is visiting, and today we were tourists in a very famous city in my country. (I had never been there before either!) It has been in many famous movies. My friend Lauren was our wonderful tour guide. (Thanks, Lauren!) This pic was taken from a terrace restaurant looking out over the famous square. We did see snake charmers and monkeys doing tricks in the square.

The oldest mosque in the country

Ruins from a 16th century palace -- said to be the most beautiful in the world at that time Inside the medina
From the terrace of the palace looking out over the city
Hard to make out, but behind the stork's nest are the highest mountain ranges in this country

12 worthy responses:

Becky said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So cool. Lucy you and Pamela. Enjoy your time together.

Anonymous said...

shan you look like you lost weight... Looking hot in Africa my sexy cousin... miss you and love you

kel

Anonymous said...

i love that brown shirt you are wearing, shan! it looks so cute on you! great pictures. glad you and bella sera are having fun!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I am glad she could visit..ps.. you look thin in the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Shannon, Love the pictures. How great that your friend is visiting. You look like you are feeling better. Mom and Dad both emailed me about how you were doing. I have a great book to send you but haven't felt like getting to the post office. It's coming--I promise. Love you, Charchar

Bella Sera said...

Kel and Linz J. -- It's all an illusion, I'm sure! ;)

CharChar, I hope you feel better! I love you!

Bella Sera said...

Oops...this is really Shannon typing...not Pamela!

Mandy said...

(Here's hoping this doesn't post twice...)

Those snakes are freaky! You look great, and I don't think it is just an illusion!!

Bella Sera said...

Bloggers are not the only ones commenting on how great you look girl. Wow this has been a fast but great trip. Everyone needs to just "get out of the country" every once in a while. See Katie and Becky are already planning a trip, but I think it's due to potty training stress :)
Mom---you and Aunt Linda are next in line to visit. Pack lots of good stuff!! I think I'm going home with a little more than I brought...great memories and life lessons.

Allie Marie Photography said...

Wish I was there... :( Miss you!

Anonymous said...

41 more days!

Love you bunches!
Mom