Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Passing the Time...

Since Pamela flew out today, and I'm a little bummed, I thought I would pass the time by finally updating you on my Italy journey. Since I didn't actually take any pictures (because I was a doofus and left my camera here), I thought I'd take three days and update you using the different files from my friends. Today's file: Lisa T. To the left is the Arno river. We crossed it every day to reach the convent where we were staying. No, that isn't the convent, but it is a pretty church near where we were.

Below are all of the girls, minus Lisa B. from Hungary. This is in St. James Episcopal Church in Florence. We attended services there three times. They actually had services in English! The minister and his wife invited all of us to return for Christmas lunch. It was really nice to sit with a bunch of international believers and share a common meal -- especially a meal of ham, green beans, potatoes, and panettone -- Christmas bread.
(Picture is not posting)

This is a picture of the panettone -- Christmas bread. Can you see how huge it is? Alas, I didn't try any of it since I was afraid it might have figs.

Taking a rest from shopping in the San Lorenzo market. Lisa T., me and Melissa. I'm sporting two of my purchases: my new black hat and my Italia jacket.

Me and Lisa T. with the Arno at our back, living it up Italian style! (This was pre-haircut.)

Last trip to Italy, with my mom, Pamela, and Aunt Linda, I got a picture of me sitting on the river bank with the Arno and Ponte Vecchio in the background. I was wearing my Georgia sweatshirt. This time a view from the other side, with my Italia jacket!


The Florence Duomo. The facade is one of my favorite!

Looking through the old city walls to Pisa. Yes, the Leaning Tower is still leaning!

10 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

wait, are you and pamela related? i didn't know that! great pictures! that is the one place i want to visit before i die.

Anonymous said...

Wow. How cool! I love that you are getting to go to some ultra cool places.
Have you by chance received a package yet from the Wed. girls? We mailed on at the end of November and are curious to know if it has arrived yet. At this rate, we could have sent it with Pamela! :)
Could you email me? I lost your email address when our computer crashed and we can't get Outlook to work for us anymore.
Lost post I know.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

O.K. what is up with me? Some corrections for my last post.
Then sentence should actually read "We mailed IT at the end . . ."
and "Lost post" should be "Long post."
Good grief. Sorry

SP said...

Katie, how did you get that Pamela and I are related? We're not. Heehee

Anonymous said...

I give up. I will not correct the typo that was in my correction post. At this rate, I could go on forever. :)

Anonymous said...

becuz i am a bonafide moron, that's why! haha!
i thought so because you put how you, your mom, pamela and aunt linda went to italy. and i thought oh, pamela must be you aunt linda's daughter, hence making her your cousin.
um, okay, i'm gonna go hide my face in my blond hair now. :)

Anonymous said...

I lived in San Lorenzo for a summer! Brings back memories...

Becky said...

Love the jacket! I think I have the exact same picture of me sitting on the bridge over the Arno. We stayed at a convent in Italy too--the nuns were quite hip! One of them carried an ipod at all times and yelled at my dad when he put his foot on the furniture! The worst thing about Florence is the motorbikes at night...did you get any sleep while you were there?

Bella Sera said...

Katie I laughed at your post. Some people think we're sisters, but Allie does a much better job!
Jenn. If I'd taken it she would have gotten it quicker. However, now Shannon has more to look forward to in the mail wooohooo. It's like being in college again, waiting for mail from someone who loves you! did you check the mail today?
Becky, I loved the motorcycles in Italy. The morning we left Rome we were waiting for our taxi and I really wanted to ask one of the drivers for a ride but considering the fact that I was foreign and we were waiting for a taxi to the airport I did not :( Still wish I had, it would have been a fun adventure for sure.
Shan...glad you got your friends back lol :)

Mandy said...

Oooooo....I likey the jacket. I do love jackets, you know. Very cool trip, Shan!