A sentence spoken by one of my students today:
A ssaht ont va etre late!
Yep...if you couldn't understand it, you're not the only one! Without intending to, he spoke a sentence in three languages. Arabic (A ssaht), French (ont va etre) and English (late).
Loosely translated: Oh man, we're gonna be late!
Who says a trilingual education won't mess you up?
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Say what?!
Posted by SP at 11:21 AM


7 worthy responses:
I'm just glad you understood it. Those classes must be paying off!! By the way, I was listening to your songs today and my students were shocked by the music. Probably b/c it was more than Disney. But the funny thing was they sang along to them and I was laughing so hard my sides hurt!
Hilarious! I, too, am impressed with your language ability. I miss you. We must talk soon.
wow! you go, girl, with your tri-lingualness! very impressive!
oh,and i see that your cousin pamela commented here as well. :)
hahahaha. that's incredible! Speaking of speaking problems, I'm finding myself stuttering outside of school. Is that normal? (at least I'm not doing it AT school much--at least so far).
Umm...no one is leaving comments on my blog. I don't update often, but geez people, I need some feedback. =)
never fear, sarah dean- you bloggin' machine! cup o'joe is here! woohooooooooooo!
shannon, again, you may need to warn her. haha :)
Ok, I guess I falsely made myself look like a genius. Not so, people! A student translated for me. I'm NOT a prodigy with languages!
Sarah...beware. Katie is a blogger FREAK and STALKER. Don't ask for comments unless you intend on updating. She's the blogger police and will cite you with a ticket if you don't blog!
Post a Comment