Here it is...inspired by Mandy: My 27 new things I did in the year 27!
27. Squeezed into my first fireplace
26. Fell in love with Thai food
25. Communicated with a man in both French and Arabic
24. Came to the realization that I play basketball better than any of the locals I live around.
23. Drove a stick shift in Africa!
22. Rode a camel
21. Ate maggots
20. Got kidney stones!
19. Been the victim of a walk-by fruiting.
18. Ate tapas.
17. Put my feet in the Mediterranean.
16. Visited Spain.
15. Saw the Rock of Gibralter.
14. Rode a boat across the Strait of Gibralter.
13. Squished seven people in a Mercedes Grand Taxi. (Think engine-about-to-fall-out-upholstery-not-there-anymore Mercedes.) Only three of us were Americans.
12. Ate a Chawarma at a Middle Eastern restaurant.
11. Hailed my first taxi.
10. Taught science as a subject (poor students)
9. Hired a maid
8. Moved to North Africa.
7. Held a squirrel
6. Father of a former student asked for my number.
5. Cooked my very first North African meal: harrira, cous cous, and mint tea.
4. Watched the American movie classic, Casablanca. (The second most popular movie of all time.)
3. Signed a contract with a school in North Africa to go teach there for two years.
2. Rode the elevator to the 72nd floor (my age backwards) of the Westin in downtown ATL for dessert in the rotating restaurant.
1. Touched a cow-nose stingray on purpose.


8 worthy responses:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHANNON! may God bless you on your special day and always!
It's been a full year!!! Happy Birthday to you, with love especially from Patrick!!!
Mmmmmm...maggots! Yummy! Hope that is something I NEVER put on my list :)
Happy Birthday!!!!
Happy Birthday, Shannon! I'm glad Simba and I could be the token males to help you celebrate!
happy birthday ShaN Worm--------- Love you girly.... miss you always and forever and cant wait to see you....... love you
Kelly, Bill and Phelan
Wow what a year!
Happy Birthday dear friend!
Love you.
So....I'm thinking this year's list will be tough to beat :) Just got in from N-ville or I would call..it's after midnight for you. Glad you had an awesome b-day year! This will be the best year yet!!!!
I hope this year's 28 things are just as awesome as last year's 27! Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment