(Left, my birthday twin, Erik, and me) Yesterday my mother came to school with me. My lesson plans didn't take into account something my students had planned: a surprise birthday party. My favorite class, second period, had planned the most organized surprise party I've ever had. These precious sixth graders were in charge of plates, cups, spoons, chips, drinks and the cake. The girls snapped to servant mode (not unusual for this culture) and began to serve the guys. It's funny how that begins at such a young age. Wow. Some of these girls are really "in training."
The girls together. Youssef is trying to pretend like he's a mack-daddy.


5 worthy responses:
That was sweet of them! :)
I thought you did not have a "favorite class". lol :) Just like you don't have favorite students. I'm glad they gave you a surprise party. Do you still question what an awesome teacher you are?? I like the idea of having a birthday week instead of just 1 day to celebrate.
I like Birthday Week, too!
How cool! Your students sound so amazing. It looks like they are certainly glad you are there ;)
Love you
Ok....how are you now??? (read in a serious tone) :( I have kleenex if you want them and I won't tell you to go to class, but I will cry with you.
Post a Comment