Dear Mom,
I'm having a great time in Africa! Gran, Great Aunt Linda and Aunt Shannon are taking real good care of me. I have my own special cub seat just for me! Yesterday I had my first African train ride. It was three hours long. We went to a city south of where Aunt Shannon lives -- close to the desert.
Great Aunt Linda let me look out the window for a long time. I was good and didn't cry one time! I did see some interesting things...

One of the things I saw was this donkey cart pulling a load. Can you see the cacti in the background? Ouch! Don't want to get too close to those!
The landscape got more and more brown the farther south we went. There were all of these interesting rock formations. It was weird. I felt like I'd been there in a previous life or something. I guess it was just a bad case of de ja vu.

Our hotel was very nice. We had a view of a very pretty street and could even see the High Atlas Mountain range in the distance. The snow was cool!

This city is very crowded! And people drive like maniacs. Kind of reminds me of Dad's driving.

Aunt Shannon was so excited to see TV! She hasn't really seen English TV since August. She said she didn't care if it WAS the stock exchange, it was at least in English. Later that night she watched the Italian channel Rai Due. She said it was to practice her Italian. (But I really think it is because she thinks the Italian soccer players are handsome!)

Don't be scared at this next picture, Mom. But I had my first camel ride. So did Aunt Shannon, Great Aunt Linda, and Gran.

Here is the baby camel that went along on the ride with us, following his mother. He was so cuuuute!

Once we were ready for dinner we found a terrace restaurant and looked over the famous square. All the smoke is meat vendors grilling and cooking their food. I had to cover my eyes when I saw the sheep heads laying on the table.

Gran keeps talking about these hyena things. I took Cousin Kelly's advice and decided to hide under the bed. I definitely don't want to follow them -- especially to any really cool graveyards!

We're safe and sound back at Aunt Shannon's apartment. I miss you lots!
Love,
Your Son Simba
9 worthy responses:
OMG That was SOooooooooooo Funny... Simba I hope My mom and Gran and Aunt Shannon are taking care you..... I'm glad you enjoyed the camel ride and the train.. I bet your mom cant wait to get you back in the states... I'm Sure Frog man misses you... Love
kelly
I must say that the "butt shot" looking out the window is my favorite. I'm glad Aunt Shan stayed awake on the train ride to take your picture :) Did you get Gran on video riding the camel? Some of those places look familiar to me too but I'm :) you're having a great time. What will your next adventure be....hmmmm I wonder.
ahhh, bless little simba's sweet heart. he sure looks cute riding that camel. your post reminded me of the Flat Stanley project i did with my 4th graders one year, where they had to take their Flat Stanley with them in Spring Break and he had to tell the story of what they did. it was fun. Great post, Shan! I am glad you are hvaing a fun time w/your mom and aunt!
Haha, that's the best picture of him on the camel! That was too funny! Wish I was there with you guys! I'm glad you're having a great time, thanks for being nice to Simba! :)
Simba needs to wear some shorts when someone is behind him getting pictures! HA! - Glad you all are having fun and the trip looked so interesting!!!
That is so funny! The pictures really give you an idea of just where they are. I'll bet Simba will be glad to get home again. TQM wishes she could ride a camel....NOT! TQM
WHOSE TQM???
Kelly
Kelly, it's Char Char!
We enjoyed looking at all the pictures. I know you all are having the best time. Tell Connie that Will has heard that Con Con rode a camel, now he wants to ride a camel too. When I asked him if he even knew what a camel was, he said "no, but con con rode won"
Post a Comment