I promised some pictures of the view from my third story classroom window as soon as the ocean was visible. And here they are. It's still not the clearest view possible, but it is the first day that we haven't had extreme fog that enveloped the school and made it impossible to see anything further than a football field's length away.
Fortunately, the heat streak has seemed to ease off somewhat. Not that it isn't hot in the sun, but thankfully the breeze is back! It is a definite relief to both me and my students. True, going up and down six flights of stairs (two for each level) all day isn't the most fun, but it is made better by the breeze felt on the third floor.
I'm absolutely loving my precious sixth graders! Who would have EVER thought that I, Shannon, would say that? They are adorable! Of course, it is only the third day of school, but I love their enthusiasm! Maybe, soon, I will have some pictures of the darlings. Until then, you will have to settle for these.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006
As promised...
Posted by SP at 4:46 PM


5 worthy responses:
HAHAHAHA! Never would I thought I would hear you saying you love the little 6th graders. I just remember at intercession how much you didn't like the seventh graders, and how you especially couldn't stand the 6th graders. That's awesome! He changes things for a reason!
Hope none of your students are reading this. Nice view, can I get one of those please since I have no windows in my office?
It's so great to see different parts of the world. Post more when you get a chance! I'd still love to see a picture of the "downtown" area.
love the pics! i can't wait to see one of your students! glad you are lovin' it, girl!
I'm with Emily! To hear you talk after intercession, and now hear your love for those 6th graders...hahahahah! That's awesome, though. As awesome as your view, in fact.
Let's hope I love my snaggle-toothed 6 year olds as much :)
Post a Comment