Remember the invitation? Last night was the reception. It was like a cocktail party. It was fun to meet people from other area schools. I've never been to such a fancy-shmancy place before. First of all, security was tight getting in. Metal detectors, searches, and passport checks. Once inside we mingled on the manicured lawns and were in awe over the lavish decor of the place. When I heard that there was a Winston Churchill room, I had to go check it out. The place was MUCH cooler than I thought!
This was the plaque on the door. Yesiree, people! My favorite president and Churchill planned D-Day in this area!
Me with some of the pics in the background
Anyone remember this pic from history books? It was taken in this place.
Don't I just look like I could have been in on the planning process?
The Consul General himself with other ladies from my school






8 worthy responses:
Great pictures, especially the one of you "writing". Can't wait to hear about it.
Cool stuff!
oh, too cool, man! great pictures, shannon!!
Jealous here! That is awesome........who knew it was planned there? Very interesting and I love that you're wearing my favorite black beads; nice choice. What an awesome experience! That seems so exciting!
Shannon, What a wonderful experience. Roosebelt and Churchill are two of my major favorites. I have read all 6 of Churchill's World War II books and biographies of both men. That is amazing that you were in that room. Beautiful pictures of you and friends, too. These two men were truly statesmen. Love you, TQM
Wow. The experiences you are having. Truly amazing. I am so glad you got to add that to your list of life experiences. Love you!
Do you remember a book you got when you graduated from high school "Oh, The Places You'll Go"? I guess that really is true. That was given to you by one of our former students that used to play with you when you were just 15 months old!! WOW!!
OH, THE PLACES YOU WILL GO, SHAN...we are soooo proud of you! And just think, the stories you will be able to tell your students in years to come. HaHa...the stories might beat the old Henry Pollitz snake story...no offense, Hen!
As a History and Political Science major, I AM SO JEALOUS!!! That is amazing. I can't wait for every last detail.
Post a Comment