Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Il Principe Della Rana

I took this picture while on vacation. The little froggie was hanging out on our balcony. When I tried to rescue him to take him to the first floor, he jumped his slimy little body right at me. I screamed and jumped back, causing the froggie to jump by himself to the first floor. It reminded me of a saying. I was going to put it into French, most likely the language I will soon be learning. It just didn't sound as pretty as it did in Italian.
"Dovete baciare alcune rane prima che troviate il vostro principe."

7 worthy responses:

Becky said...

Two questions:

What does it mean?

and

Did it survive?

Coming soon--the nature post to end all nature posts!

SP said...

In other words: You have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince.

And yes, the froggie lived! ;)

Anonymous said...

ahhh, he's really cute!!! ribbet!!

Mandy said...

Add frogs to the list of things that kinda freak me out. I am such a girl! Did I ever tell you about the dream I had where my closet was full of giant slimy frogs? In my dream, I called Meredith on the walkie talkie and made her take them all outside in pillow cases. Weird.

SP said...

Ha! I'm surprised you didn't shoot them!!

Mandy said...

eh, waste of good ammo :)

SP said...

Yeah, I'd much rather save those for the scary monsters on the patio that Emma barks at.