This past weekend was crazy. I was accused of being a slack blogger. I can understand why you would think so, but I hope that the following rebuttal will be enough of an excuse.
Friday: Visited the funeral home. A student at our school died. Ate with Pamela. Got ready for the huge garage sale on Saturday. Emily and Mandy came over to drop off junk. Err...valuable items to sell. (Emily's was actually a really nice, small fridge that she let me sell and keep the profit.) Went with my dad to my house to load up furniture I was going to sell. Neighbors probably thought we were robbing. They didn't call 911.
Friday, 12:30 AM: A huge moth flew into my dad's ear. (OK, Becky, it wasn't QUITE that big.) Flew down in it. WAY down in it. As in you-can't-even-see-it down in it. Took him to the emergency room. By the way, there's some REAL classy people in there. Waited. Was taken to Mandy's and my room. Doctor flushed it out fifteen minutes later. Over an hour later we finally leave. Arrived back home at 2:30 AM. It was all rather hilarious.
Saturday: Woke up at 5:45 AM to get ready for the garage sale. (Is anyone doing the math here?) Set everything out. Waited. Sweated while random strangers came and sifted through all my things. Made $150 for myself.
Saturday afternoon: Loaded up everything that didn't sell and took it to the Salvation Army. Took a shower. Went to a rehearsal and dinner for a wedding I was singing in.
Saturday night (late): Moved all of my big furniture out of my house and to the storage room.
Sunday morning: Church. Lunch with the fam for my sister's birthday.
Sunday afternoon: Went to the church for the wedding. Sang. Went to the reception.
Sunday evening: Dad and I left the reception early for dinner with a Muslim family from my school. This was the highlight of the weekend. I had formed a relationship with this Muslim student and her family throughout the school year. (We talked religion and asked each other questions all year long. It was great preparation for my new job next year!) Her family was so warm and inviting. So many children! My dad ate with my student's father and uncle -- he said it was the best dinner and conversation he'd ever had. I ate with all the women and daughters. Real Palestinian food. A lot of real Paslestinian food. Awesome! Here are some pictures of me and my student and me with her mom and all the older daughters. I wore my jellaba that I bought during my trip at Christmas. This is a night I'll never forget.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Leave of Absence Rebuttal
Posted by SP at 4:59 PM


14 worthy responses:
okay okay...you made your point girl! dang you had a busy weekend! oh, and your poor daddy-o! i would have freaked my freak if anything went into my ear like that! i'm glad he's okay! and i'm glad you made that cash money at yo' garage sale, girl!! now you gots yo' mind on yo' money and yo' money on yo' mind!!!!!! wohoooooooooooooo!
Ahhh, ya gotta love this past weekend...how many weddings can Rome fit into one weekend? Then pile on a garage sale and a million other little things just for fun. Excellent.
Ok...I thought Wes was the only one who ever had a bug fly down their ear and had to go to the emergency room! His was a biting fly!!!
Aunt Linda
Katie..."NORTH AFRICA BOUND" ?????
I know, I know...you don't have to say it...you're Polish...
yes, Becks, it always comes back to being a Pollock...have i ever mentioned i am 100% Polish? not an ounce of anything else....
Becky, still here in town. I had two Muslim students this year. That's who I'm with. I guess it could be a little confusing!
No no...what I meant was, are you living with your parents or still with Mandy (seeing as you have no large furniture...like a bed to sleep on)???
This is Becky, btw...Blogger is completely screwed up and won't let me sign my name...
Ooooohhhh, I've moved out. I'm with my parents. =(
I am sooo excited! This week I learned in ENT class how to remove an insect in the ear! I kind of doubted it really happened that often, but now I have a case study to talk about! Tell Uncle Hungry I'll remove the next moth in the ear for free!
Erin, too funny! I'll make sure to tell him! Love you!
Post a Comment