Ahem...is this thing on? Testing, testing. 1, 2, 3. OK, think we're up and running now. Let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Jay, or at least I think it is, and I am approximately two-and-a-half hands high. I'm a seventeen pound tabby with green eyes (my best feature, if I do say so myself). My mom is usually addicted to this thing, and spends more time on it than she does with me. (She actually thinks that petting me with her feet while she blogs will suffice. Whatever.)
I have a pretty normal life. Most of my days consist of me doing this and wondering things like:
- When is she going to feed me again?
- Why does she think I like it when she cradles me on my back and plants kisses all over my head? Yuck!
- What is my name, anyway? Jay? Mister? Misterhead? Bubby? Lovey? Come on, Woman! Make up your mind!
- When is she going to learn that the only thing I care about is eating, pooping, and chasing around imaginary things at midnight?
- String! STRING!!!
Then suddenly, there was a significant change in my life. And let me tell you. I wasn't very pleased.
I went to visit my grandparents, like I always do, and in walks my aunt and uncle with another pet carrier. (I know what these things are. They strike fear into the heart of every cat. They can only mean two things. 1: Long road trip or 2: The "V" word) My aunt and uncle and mom were acting all excited, like I was going to just loooooove what was in this carrier. Could they have been more wrong?
Out pounces Maximus Bartelski. Seriously. What kind of name is that? Sounds like he has little man's syndrome or something. Anyway, that guy is so full of energy that I just want to strangle his neck. He's all like, "Wanna play? Wanna? Huh? Huh? Come on, let's wrestle! Betcha can't catch me!"
No, I did not want to play. And NO, I did not want to wrestle. And, YES, I bet I could catch him! All I wanted was to sleep. Alas, it just wasn't to be. He kept pestering me and pestering me.
I was beginning to feel paranoid because I kept feeling like someone was watching me.
Finally, I had to show him a thing or two.
When the day was through, he wasn't so bad after all. I mean, he is my cousin. I wouldn't mind seeing him again. I guess you just have to handle him with kid paws. 
Over and out.






13 worthy responses:
oh my gosh- well that was soooo good, girl....I LOVE that pic of Maximus looking over Jay....gosh, i love Jay...he's a total Rock Star in those pics! geez, the competiton is stiff!!!
yeah, sorry mine was so long! jay is quite used to the camera, I must say
This was too, too funny...you had me laughing out loud!
Alright Shannon, that was hilarious - all of the entries were definitely original - which didn't make the decision any easier. BUT, I think your pictures are, as they say, "worth 1,000 words"! Your story was great, too...Congratulations, you are the Pet Blog Off winner!...with Katie coming in a close 2nd for her witty title!
WHAT?!?!?! I demand a recount! Did you SEE that picture of Emma! I had links. LINKS, I say!
Ooohh, I hate to point this out, Mandy, but Shannon has links as well...
Yeah, yeah, point taken. You know I hates to lose. Too competitive. You know me!
mandy- the next blog-off is only a week away!! we can have a fresh competition!! whohooooooooo!!! Congrats to you Shannon! You did a purr-fect job and i thought your post was the cat's meow. Had you not won it would have been
cat-astrophic! You get the whole kitten caboodle....okay, enuf...Good Job!!!
Wow...you should be a comedian Katie!
girl- you should send that pic of Maximus looking over Jay to some contest or something...my husband LOVED your post..last nite he was like,"yeah, she's the winner definitly!" and i was like "boy, where's your loyaly!!??" hahhaha!! we now need counseling because of the rift your post has put in our marriage! hahahahaha!!! :)
oooh, i should have said that paul was in "the dog house" last nite for picking your post over mine!! heheheh!!
hahahaha! You're too funny! Has Paul become more accepting of your hobby? ;)
not really..he's kind freaked out by the whole "blog-off" thing..but yet then he started getting into..weighing in on everyone's posts!!!
Post a Comment