
So today I saw some huge bees flying around our patio. It reminded me of a woman whom I used to know. She wore a different bee pendant on her shoulder every day. Nothing gaudy; always tasteful. Once I asked the reason. Her response was, "Aerodynamically, bumblebees can't fly. Their bodies are too big for their wings. They fly because they think they can."
There is much debate about whether or not this is folklore; however, the message will forever remain etched in my memories.
Sunday, April 02, 2006
Flight of the Bumblebees
Posted by SP at 6:00 PM


8 worthy responses:
i think that woman was smoking some of the ole' Mary Jane when she told you that! okay, i am kidding! that's interesting if it's true..i hate those darn bees! they don't sting, i don't think...but they are scary as all get out!!!
Yeah, true. And people say, "Be calm! Don't move!" Yeah RIGHT!
whoops! did one of my comments cause you to erase your latest post about cleaning your room? sorry:) oh, you've got to read this post from Wondergirl...look under archives...go to Sept.19 entitled Side Bar..in the 1st sentence of that post is the words"Crossing Lines"..click on it and read..dang, i don't even need to watch tv any more...this is some good stuff....i love her honesty!!
Those are carpenter bees and they're eating the trim on your (your landlord's) house. A great way to kill them is to get out a tennis racket and start swinging. You can stun them really good (sic, cause you're the grammar queen) and then squish them when they fall to the ground. Not lik you care if they eat your house, but Mandy can get some great overhead practice in...
Wow! Thanks for all the info., Becky. Glad you're back! =)
Katie...whew! I feel like I have an emotional block on me now...WOW...I'd never read that by Wondergirl. How sad. But it looks like it started some great dialogue. Always wondered what her name was. Now I know it's Shannon.
hey shannon- didn't it feel weird reading that? i think she's the greatest..Wondergirl is like my new hero....her brother was not happy about the blog...my family would NOT enjoy me airing the 'ole dirty laundry.., and there's plenty of the dirty laundry-many baskets full!! hahahha! actually they'd never know..no one in my family knows what a blog is...i sure didn't until Becky initiated me into this whole new underworld! :)
It did feel weird reading it. I didn't know if it was fiction at first or not. Then I felt like I was spying or something. Yes, this is beginning to feel like the underworld. ;)
Post a Comment