Random thoughts:
Why do I eat salsa and hot buffalo wings? They make my mouth burn and my upper lip sweat (even if I do claim to have an “asbestos mouth”).
Speaking of sweat… Why did my dad have to make fun of that poor cheerleader twenty-eight years ago who sweated all the time? If he’d only known his payback would be a daughter who sweated just as much.
Why do I continue to sit in front of my computer way past midnight staring at my blog? I know it’s time for bed.
Why do I keep walking past my messy room thinking that it will go away if I ignore it? Uggh.
Why do I have to have a “project” each year among my students?
Why do I actually like the taste of cottage cheese?
Why do I enjoy war movies?
Why do I watch girly movies? I know I’m going to cry.
Why do I dream every night in color? Why are my dreams like a sci-fi movie?
Why are students held so much to standardized testing? Do they think that can measure how much a student has grown to love to read?
Why are teachers and administrators held so much to standardized testing? Don't they realize that so many times it is the students' attitudes that determine results?
Why aren't parents held to standardized testing? Get your kid in school! Check for their homework! CARE about their success! (Can you tell we're about to take the CRCT? My students will be fine. It's just the whole theory that makes me mad about this time every year.)
Why am I more of a Martha than a Mary? Why do I care too much about what others think?
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Random thoughts
Posted by SP at 10:17 AM


1 worthy responses:
I could not agree with you more about the standardized testing..it just takes the fun out of teaching and learning..it's always like, "no, we aren't doing that because it's not going to be on the CRCT/Gateway test.."etc. etc. The parents need to be the ones blamed! whay is it always the teacher??? can you tell i have strong feelings about this!? :) haha! hope you are having great weekend, shannon!!!
Post a Comment