Saturday, April 08, 2006

The single life

Recently, there has been some discussion about the single life. So, in efforts to quell all beliefs that it is so wonderful, I thought I would give a play-by-play of my Friday evening.

3:30 pm -- Chased down the middle school tennis team to take pictures.

4:30 pm -- Helped another teacher search for a note that a student confiscated. No luck.

5:00 pm -- Arrived home. Talked to parents over the phone.

5:11 pm -- Mom called back and wanted to know if I wanted to eat with them and their friends at Troy's Barbecue. Not a fan of barbecue. Turned them down.

5:13 pm -- Mom called back to say they weren't either and decided not to go. Wanted to know if I wanted them to call me back if they went somewhere later.

5:16 pm -- Took a blanket and went downstairs. Opened the screen door, turned on the fan, and fell asleep on the sofa.

7:45 pm -- Parents called again. Asked if I was hungry. Decided to go to a new restaurant in town, Bella Roma.

9:15 pm -- Left restaurant. Went to CVS.

9:45 pm -- Arrived home. Dad helped install porch light since I couldn't reach it.

10:15 pm -- Began watching Season 10 of Friends. Just hangin' out with Jay and Emma.

12:30 am -- Still watching Friends. Nothing is happening with the weather. Flip to a TV channel. See breaking news that there are tornado warnings north of here. Meteorologist says that we're about to get hit bad.

12:35 am -- Call Dad to let him know of weather coming our way. Asks if I want to bring the animals and come over there. Know I'd feel safer doing that.

12:53 am -- Arrive at parents' house. Unload cat and dog.

1:47 am -- Wonder why I packed up. No storm yet.

3:00 am -- Hear some small hail, but storm is way off. Feel stupid.

8:11 am -- Wake up. Emma is restless. Leave Jay at my parents' and head home with Emma.

1:03 pm -- Worn out and still asleep. Finally wake up.

Oh, the single life. Sounds great, huh? I guess I can't complain. I have been able to just lay on the couch and watch six episodes of Friends in a row.

7 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

um, like, it sounds like heaven to me, girl!!!!! I'd kill for a nite like that!!! :)

Anonymous said...

hey- i meant to ask you about your sister's blog.....so, she is a film major? her blog is cool, but she needs an update!! :) where did the name Barteleski come from? i like it...sounds polish :)oh, and wondergirl has updated...i left comments but i sound like a cheesy little suck-up!! hahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, i love you cat, by the way! I LOVE cats-always have! I prefer my cat Chloe to Lenny any day!!! your cat has such a handsome face..i like the stripes too.anyways, just wanted to add that!

SP said...

Hey, I'm about to head to a beauty pageant. (Don't ask. At least I'm not IN it.) Yeah, I began to realize that I do have a pretty good and relaxing life. My sis is a film major. She graduates in May. As you can tell, I signed her up for a blog. She is working and trying to graduate right now, and is still a newlywed, so she doesn't have much time for blogging (plus no internet at home!!!) GASP! Her husband is Dutch, his mother was Dutch and father was Polish/Dutch. So, yes, Bartelski is a Polish name! ;)

SP said...

And Jay says thank you. He thinks he's quite handsome as well. You know how cats are.

Becky said...

If it would make you feel better, I'd spell out my past two days for you, but we've been doen THAT road before!!!!

Mandy said...

Awww, thanks for taking such good care of Emma for me, while I was off eating seafood and using wireless internet and playing with the sleep number bed. Okay, it really wasn't as great as I make it sound. It was a full day of meetings and I got to go out to dinner one night.