Saturday, April 08, 2006

Hypothetical Question II

Why am I so fascinated by these?

OK, so you've heard all day about impending thunderstorms and possible tornadoes. It's midnight, and nature has taken on that eerie silence -- not a cricket chirping or frog croaking. You're already a little weirded out because you're alone.

You turn the channel to a local news station, and the meteorologist is borderline freaking out. "There are tornado warnings all over! This storm is headed straight for you. Take shelter soon!"

Deciding to take the animals and flee to the safe haven of your parents' home, you begin rounding up items.

WHAT DO YOU TAKE WITH YOU? (Disclaimer: Be careful how you answer this question. It could say a LOT about you.)

I guess I know where my loyalties lie. The treasure of my heart. You get the point.

What did I take? My cat, my roommate's dog, my iPod nano and my laptop. Oh yeah, and a change of underwear and some socks. That's it. I'm pretty lame, huh?

7 worthy responses:

Anonymous said...

i literally freak out about weather..it's like one of my number one fears-thunderstorms..well, that and the Bird Flu....anyways, i would definitly take Joe,duh! and then Chloe and hmmmmm stanley the fish, and well, the Flying Sausage would have to fend for himself!! sorry, but that Leonard Guiseppe has really been buggin' lately!!

SP said...

Hahahaha! I guess Paul doesn't fit in with all of this? Too funny! You won't believe this: I had a fish in college for several years named Charles (after Manson...psycho, I know, but all the other fish in the tank kept floating belly up). When I went home for extended amounts of time, I put him in a rubbermaid container and strapped him in the front seat. No lie.

Mandy said...

You're not takin' the Sausage??? Katie! I'm hurt for him! I would take my iPod, my camera (gotta get pics for the post-tornado blog), my dog, my kickin' new sparkly blue shoes.

Katie--my dad might be doing bird flu research this summer. I'll keep you posted with updates!

Anonymous said...

Auntie Em, Auntie Em, there's a storm abrewing! Run for cover and saftey of your "old room"........but don't put those ear plugs in! You'll need to listen for the train!

Anonymous said...

that is a riot about your fish, shannon!! that's loyalty, man....please give me any info about bird flu mandy..i ahve already started a bird flu survival kit!!!

SP said...

Mom, is that you, anonymous?? Thanks for leaving a comment!

Anonymous said...

No, it's Auntie Linda and I don't know how to log in with my name! lol